2006-05-31

To the Edge of Sanity...And Back Again?

Okay, recent events at my internship/church forced me to go where no Mes have gone before.
I had to go...to the Mac Store.
Horrifing, isn't it?

The G5, which I have crashed on occassion, died. It died a smelly, sudden death by power supply.

For those of you that have had this happen to them, you know what that could mean...but nevermind, back to the story.

So, yesterday when it died, we were discussing what to do, and we called up the Apple Support People. Well, I got to talk to them...and the only thing worse than having to get IT support from someone that doesn't know the machine, and who is simuataneously trying to sell you something, is when that someone is doing it in a really thick accent.

Anyways, the adventure continues, when today, after I was told that by my "supervisor" "Kevin", he would take care of the whole thing, it turns out that he didn't, in fact have time, so I had to. And I found this out at 1400 (2:00 PM)

Now, in order to better detail what happens next, I'm going to have breach my identiy just a bit: I live in western Washington, in Central to East King County. Which meant that, after calling and figuring out where the parts were available, I had to go to Bellevue's mall, Bel-Square (or however it's spellt), from Renton. Which meant I-405. And anyone from around here will tell that the Devil's number isn't 666, but 405, or 520, or 167.

Anyways...so, I finally made it to the Mall, and entered. And almost instantly got lost, and drugged as I entered through Nordstrom. I managed to find a kiosk with direction, and finally, seeing as no giant penguin affliated with Grand Penguin Tux was coming to my aid, I entered...a new world.

I resisted running, but managed to lose a hundred dollars (US), which I should be recompensated soon, and eventally hauled in the forty pounds (US) of G5 into the store. Where, they told me that it should be done with tomorrow.

Anyways, that's to story. So now I ask the question: Is there a way to ctrl+Z going to the Mac Store, or do I need a shower and a fresh install?

2 comments:

Neemund said...

A shower and a few hours of mindless computer games should fix you.

David said...

Is it Mac-Itis that has kept you from the blog?