2005-03-01

Ein and Zweizig

Yesterday, but after the 28th of February, I turned 21. Ya me. So...now what?
Was there suppose to be something magical and mysterious about turning 21? If there was, I missed it. No one bothered to inform me.

Anyways, I am close (genuinely close) to finishing chapter 15 of Advent. It's just that I just finished two major projects and am working on finishing a third by wednesday. However, I do have thursday off, and I'll be at a LAN party this weekend in celebration of my 21st. So...it'll be done by then. Unless something very bad happens...like North Korea or something...

Anyways...

Oh: Am I the only one that is slightly disturbed that Bill Gates will soon be Sir William Gates, Knight Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire?

8 comments:

Kate Robinson said...

To get knighted, people used to have to do something outstanding that benefitted great britain. Not anymore. I think Mick Jagger is a knight too.
Happy Birthday.
Only people who hold alcohol in a very high regard find anything magical about turning 21 - namely the magic of waking up the next morning with no idea where you are or how you got there, only foggy memories of the previous 24 hours and the triumphant knowledge that of all the things you did last night that you could get arrested for, drinking is not one of them.
If you are not one of those people (I am not, by the way) it's just a birthday. But happy birthday anyway.

EJB said...

That is disturbing. Note how undiscript that comment is.

You know you're much "kinder," "gentler," and don't have your usual "charm" on paper. Note all those words in quotes.

The Shadow Walker said...

Thanks.

But Kate...I don't remember my birthday at all...

Do you know why?

And EJB: You're off your rocker if you think any of those words apply to me.

Neemund said...

The "magical and mysterious" part of turning 21 is that you can now get your CCW permit and buy pistols through legal channels. The whole drinking thing is overrated, when a 3 hour drive north reduces the drinking age to 19. Of if you've spent time in europe the drinking age is even lower in many places. But since drinking is overrated, and the fact that you can't remember a single second from your birthday as it is, lets go to the range sometime for some target practice.

EJB said...

The gun thing is what I was thinking of. Not drinking.

Kate Robinson said...

No of course not. Why?

Unknown said...

The answer to the question is February 29th. The day that appears once every four years.

The Shadow Walker said...

Yes, that is true.

Anyways, I will be having a LAN tonight in celebration of it.

Now I just have to save some money for a few expenditures in the near future...