2005-02-07

The Horrors of Microsoft Grammer

Yo.
This post is in response to an email I got from a reader of Advent in regards to some of my faulty grammer.
Note, and I state this clearly: I have nothing against this person in anyway. I bear this individual no grudge of any kind. I am merely posting to explain why things are the way they are.

Microsoft Word is EVIL.

That's why. Why do I use it? Beccause it is both convenient and I have MOSTLY tamed it. However, it nearly always HATES the word 'then'. Whenever I have attempted to use that word, it will always mark it as error and I have never seen it mark 'than' as error. Yes, I know that there are places where my grammer is flawed in the story, but I just don't have the patience to check every instance in which Word is slapping me for what it considers bad word usage.

I would like to have grammerically correct, error-free chapters to give you all, but I really don't have the time to go through and check everything before the masses start to get angry. I am trying to give my chapters to my beta-reader, and lately I have been more successful, but...well all I can ask is that you forgive a little error here and there. And remember that most of the time, these are people who are speaking, and people don't always speak properly either. :)

Anyways, I've got homework to do and a chapter to work on. If you (you know who you are) read this, response or shoot me another email, okay? And remember, I bear you grudge. I was just explaining myself.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"And remember, I bear you grudge."

I'm thinking that sentence was supposed to be:
"And remember, I bear you no grudge."

The Shadow Walker said...

You obviously missed the intended poke of fun, TBQelite.

Unknown said...

You didn't finish the sentence as you had intended and now your trying to cover yourself by implying that you meant to make that mistake the entire time. That may work with some people but not with me. I know your evil ways.