2005-02-12

Opera calls it Right

Yo.
Apparently, last week Bill Gates made a remark or something, saying that Microsoft has superior interoperability on the web...
Excuse me me while I cough violently...*COUGH, COUGH, COUGH!*
Microsoft sucks at that! IE is so horribly forgiving it's not even funny. Some of you might think that forgivness is a good thing...it's not. Not when that forgivness means ambiguity among the various browsers, and that's only among those that do forgive! There are standards laid out by the W3C for the sole purpose of telling everyone how they have to write their code! Good thing Microsoft isn't able to buy them out...at least, I hope not...

BTW here is the article by the Opera guy.

And yes, I am working on Advent...it's just being longer than I thought it would be in sheer words. So...just be patient some more, okay? :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Everytime I go look at my site in IE my righteous anger starts boiling up again at the unholy piece of software that Microsoft deemed "worthy" of calling a web browser. My site has valid coding as required by the W3C standards but IE just trashes it. I was able to get a bit of it to work though after hours and hours of tweeking.

Neemund said...

Although I do the majority of my web authoring in notepad, FrontPage is very useful for smoothing out the wrinkles. Most of my pages look the same in IE, Firefox, Netscape (ancient version), Netscape (new, crappy versions), and a few other random ones that I forgot about. It might be worth looking into.

Unknown said...

Does your web authoring include CSS 'cause that's the only real problem that I have with IE.

I used FrontPage once upon a time before I learned how to code all by my lonesome. It was sort of cool but now that I'm more 1337 than I was before I just can't bring myself to use anymore. For a program that generates code it's okay.

The Shadow Walker said...

...Umm, Neemund...when IE allows a page to viewed "properly" that has it's body tag inside the head tags you know that it has problems.